Highlighted

What is your favorite digital stylus for iPad?

Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Illustrator gang,

I'm considering buying a digital stylus to experiment with vector drawing on an app on a 6th gen iPad. I'm looking for recommendations on a low-priced stylus that is also pressure-sensitive. Any great products out there?

Mike Witherell
TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is your favorite digital stylus for iPad?

Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Illustrator gang,

I'm considering buying a digital stylus to experiment with vector drawing on an app on a 6th gen iPad. I'm looking for recommendations on a low-priced stylus that is also pressure-sensitive. Any great products out there?

Mike Witherell
TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2020 0
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some work for a vector graphics company.  It honestly depends on what is compatible with the specific software.  My guess is that Illustrator and Photoshop for iPad both accept the various Wacom Styluses.  Usually Wacom is my number one go to for these types of products.  Now the Apple Pen is also good and pretty ok.  But I would be careful with it as it seems more fragile.

I am doing things with XP-Pen now too.  But I am not sure if their styluses work with iPad. 

So my suggestion would be to go with the Apple Pen or by one from Wacom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, kshinabery, but perhaps I should stress here the word *low-priced* as in, well, cheap knock-off stylus. Has anyone ever tried an Adonit or other lesser brand name?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an Adonit. Actually I still have it somewhere. It was the first version of it (some years ago), so probably no comparison to whatever they have now. It looked good in the store. I tried it out there and was quite impressed. But in the end I didn't use it a lot. It was too slow with my apps, it didn't get the pressure right and it was not a good investment. Also it wasn't actually cheap.

I now have the Apple Pencil and it's amazing.

Apple has a history of not giving away all levels of control and all the technical interface options, so their own gadgets will always be a little better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you say about Apple does make a good point, so to speak.

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0