What the heck is this "Adobe Illustrator 2021 (Other)" folder that was added to the macOS launchpad

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my creative cloud apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere) and in my macOS launchpad is a folder titled "Adobe Illustrator 2021 (Other)," it contains scripts titled Contact Sheets, Make Calendar, and Web Gallery. I'm not sure what exactly these are and the launchpad definitely isn't where I want it to be.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this, why it's there?

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the third party Contact Sheets app. Hiding in an Adobe folder. But so far as I see, Adobe can't make it delete folders in Launchpad, only you can do that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be something dangerous then??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Adobe put them there, then they shouldn't be dangerous... interesting they are sample scripts, some apps might have hundreds of these. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here. I found them in: Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2021/ Scripting / Sample Scripts /AppleScript

You will see "Web Gallery" "Contact sheets"and "Make Calendar" folders there...but I don't know if it0s ok to delete them??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They might be useful to you one day. If you delete them to tidy up Launchpad, you won't have them. Launchpad is designed to show everything on your Mac, and it was there for a reason.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines