• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What worked for me on constant 25.2.3 crashes

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a simple fix but worked for me I wanted to post because of the amount of frustration I had with 25.2.3 and how I couldn't do anything in a file without it crashing.

Go to Adobe Creative Cloud app on your desktop and go to Illustrator then click the three dots ... on the very right. Click Other Versions.

From there install version 24.3.

Other things I did before installing 24.3

-Reinstalled latest NVIDIA drivers for my GFX card.

-Installed latest Windows Updates and restarted.

-Closed everything unnecessary to be ran in the task bar. Close everything and just have Illustrator and essential apps running.

-Got rid of Dynamic Super Resolution in my Display settings for my desktop (I have a 2k monitor and I was running 4k resolution on it). So basically just run your monitor's natural max resolution that is compatable without DSR.

This fixed everything for me I hope it helps.

At the end you can have 25.2.3 and 24.3 streamlined together via CC and you can open either of them from the CC app.

Much love and good luck.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

This is great information. Thanks for sharing.

I am sure this will help other users with similar concern.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, so I wanted to update the post.

It seemed to have work to do what I posted before, but the crashes came back. It wasn't the version, I tried the one I posted here and even installed Adobe CC 2015.

The real culprit was "View in GPU" vs "View in CPU" modes. If you're experiencing major crashes in GPU mode, maybe switching to CPU mode works.

I have a RTX 3080 OC (extremely powerful graphics card) and I was crashing in GPU mode. I obviously didn't think it could be my GFX card that was causing crashes, but I think the compatability problem might be there.

Switching to "View in CPU mode" worked for me 100%.

Now I can use Illustrator.

Sorry Adobe for getting so mad and sending really angry Bug Reports back to you hahaha!

Your software isn't broken, it was my settings!

-Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines