• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When all Illustrator layers are turned off, is the canvas outside the art board always white?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this was always the case but it seems new to me, when I hide all layers in an Illustrator CC 2020 document, the canvas outside the art board is white ( kind of like outline )

I have toggled GPU Preview which solves it but as soon as I turn the layer on & off again , it reverts to white.

I have tried Overprint Preview, I have tried View > Hide / Show Art boards.

There is a chance it has always been like this, but in the years hiding all layers , I have never noticed it. I feel that I may have hit a shortcut that did some obscure action which I cannot revert.

Attached is a screen shot of a new document with a single layer On & then Off

UI Interface is not the issue , nor is Outline.

Appreciate any help , thank you

Layer OnLayer On

Layer OffLayer Off

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

"when I hide all layers in an Illustrator CC 2020 document, the canvas outside the art board is white"

The answer is yes, in older versions as well.

But you cannot do very much in Illustrator when all the layers are turned off, except stare at a blank screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"when I hide all layers in an Illustrator CC 2020 document, the canvas outside the art board is white"

The answer is yes, in older versions as well.

But you cannot do very much in Illustrator when all the layers are turned off, except stare at a blank screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines