• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I edit an file in my library, it doesn't save

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose "edit" on a file from the library panel in Illustrator, in a shared library that I own, I can edit it (then save it) but when I view it again, it hasn't saved. How do I get the changes to stick?

The reason I have to edit it at all is because the shape WAS filled with a gradient with 2 color points, and somehow 3 extra points have been added to the gradient (this has happened with multiple similar objects in the library).

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try and turn  off "Save in background" in the Preferences > File handling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS & Illustrator? Does it happen with specific files or all?

You may also try suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to happen with all files that have gradients (they are SVG files). Illustrator version is AI 2021 25.1, OS is macOS Catalina 10.15.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines