Highlighted

When I embed a pdf in AI, I lose gradients and drop shadows

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help me with the  below:

When I open my pdf in AI (exported from Indesign) all colours, gardients etc are correct but when I embed the pdf, I lose the gradients and drop shadows.

Is there something I can do to keep the original gradients and drop shadows without redrawing?

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When I embed a pdf in AI, I lose gradients and drop shadows

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help me with the  below:

When I open my pdf in AI (exported from Indesign) all colours, gardients etc are correct but when I embed the pdf, I lose the gradients and drop shadows.

Is there something I can do to keep the original gradients and drop shadows without redrawing?

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can't.

First of all: youare not opening that PDF. You are importing it. Illustrator interprets the contents and converts them to its own objects. That doesn't work with all gradients, because they are treated differently in InDesign and Illustrator.

Illustrator is not a general purpose PDF editor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0