• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when i try to use an effect it tells me i dont have enough ram

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i try to use an effect on anything it tells me i dont have enough memory (ram) ive looked through many tutorials and cant find anything that has helped me 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How much RAM is installed? How much is free? Maybe closing all other apps except Illustrator helps. Also rebooting the computer might help.

2. Which effect?

3. How large and how complex is the artwork?

4. Can we see the artwork?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , I’m new to illustrator so it’s not complex at all it’s just one word on the screen and I’m trying to use the 3D effect on it with no other apps running

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show it?

Also: how much RAM is installed?

Do you perhaps have a browser running in order to use the forum? Especially Chrome eats RAM for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely try shutting Chrome if it is running. I've experienced this specifically with the 3D effect and Chrome, and it seemed more like a bug/interference than directly caused by RAM (as I could have any number of other apps running, just not Chrome).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines