• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When Illustrator 2021 or Photoshop 2021 is open, Adobe processes use high CPU

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded my two Macs to the new Illustrator 2021 (v.25) and Photoshop 2021 (v.22.0.1), I notice that there is almost always one or more Adobe helper programs running at high CPU usage when I have either Illustrator or Photoshop open even when I am not using them. I see this on both my iMac running Mojave and my MacBook running Catalina. At the moment, 'AdobeIPCBroker' is using ~200% CPU and 'CCXProcess' is using 120% CPU on my iMac. I also see 'Adobe Illustrator 2021' using about 100% CPU on my iMac Pro, even though I have no files open in Illustrator, only the app open. This machine has 8 cores, so these processes are only using about half the cores, but I can hear the fans running because the load is constant.

I can see my 'AdobeIPCBroker' has run up 143 hours of CPU time in a few days, so this has been happening for a while. I also see the Apple 'cprefsd' program running sometimes, but I don't know if that is related.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try creating a new user account on your machine & try working on the apps there. Let us know how they perform there.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for the suggestion. These computers are managed by my employer, so I am not supposed to create extra user accounts.

Thanks,

++Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the Illustrator update v 25.0.1 today and it seems to be working much better. I don't see all those helper processes running now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem seemed to be better for a while after I installed the Illustrator v25.0.1 update and the Photoshop v22.1 update, but now I see it again almost immediately if I open a document in Illustrator and another document in Photoshop (both opened with Bridge) on my Mojave Mac. Here is a screenshot of my Activity Monitor on the iMac Pro as an example, which has 8 cores but is down to 25% idle with all these Adobe processes running and using 6 cores.

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 14.50.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An additional follow-up: I installed the Illustrator 25.1 update several weeks ago, and this CPU usage problem has not returned. It seems that Adobe fixed it in the v.25.1 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found an easy solution to this problem.

To solve it (on Windows) just do the following:

1. Open the Task Manager
  2. Find the process CoreSync.exe and right click > Open file location
  3. Delete the file
  4. Find the process CCXProcess.exe and right click > Open file location
  5. Delete the file

That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines