• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When merging layers in imported AutoCad files error 2067 appears

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my Illustrator was updated, I cannot chose "merge layers" when opening files exported from AutoCad. When I click "Merge layers" I get the error message "2067 unknown error" (see pictures). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling illustrator but that didn't help. 

Does anyone know what to do to fix it?

Thanks 🙂

Anne5EE5_0-1611134811759.png

Anne5EE5_1-1611134891062.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many paths and layers are there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export the file from Autodesk Inventor as a .dwg file and when I open it in Illustrator there are 11 layers but I don't know about the paths. The strange thing is that there was no problem until last thursday, and suddenly the error-message appeared when I clicked "merge layers", and yesterday the same problem appeared on my co-workers illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Document info will show you the number of paths.

Also: Merging layers will only put everything on the same layer. Is that what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any paths in the document info:

Capture.PNG

And yes, I realise it will put everything on the same layer, but that is how it works best, when I work in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The panel has a menu, you have to switch to "objects" there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, okay. There are no paths.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is "Selection" turned on in the menu? In that case only selected objects will be counted.

Another method to get them all on the same layer, would be to select all, cut them and then paste in place. "Remember layers" needs to be turned off in the layer panel menu for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika, sorry I'm still getting to know Illustrator, but in which menu do I find "Selection"?

If I select all and then paste them together then it's true that they are all on the same layer. But before this problem appeared, the different elements of the drawing were pasted together, but not the entire drawing. So for instance if there was an arrow it was one element, even if it was comprised of several lines. So I could delete the whole element as a unity. Now however, if i click on the arrow I will only get the exact line, that I clicked on, so I have to delete the elements line for line. And if I paste all together in one lawyer, then I still cannot delete one element only. 

So before by clicking 'merge layers' the whole drawing was one layer, but the elements were still separate - and it's the solution for how I get this back, that I'm searching for. Does this make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't understand what you are trying to achieve there.

Putting them all in one layer erases the document structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's alright. I'm using an older version of Illustrator now, where the problem doesn't appear. So for now, all is good. Thank you for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its something connected with the last update.I get the same error from a day or two with DXF files .

The same files that used to open a week ago now are with error 2067

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know, if there's a way to solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines