Highlighted

When opened in illustrator CC, text from photoshop file looks different

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reworked a photoshop file done by someone else, but when opened in Illustrator, the text is aligned completely differently, all I want to do is create text outlines. please help, it's the first time it ever happened to me and I exhausted all ideas.

After many trials, it seems like saving as EPS did what I needed.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export, Print and publish, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When opened in illustrator CC, text from photoshop file looks different

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reworked a photoshop file done by someone else, but when opened in Illustrator, the text is aligned completely differently, all I want to do is create text outlines. please help, it's the first time it ever happened to me and I exhausted all ideas.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export, Print and publish, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rasterize Type in Photoshop?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nop, rastered text is my enemy 8). Some print houses need the artwork to contain vectorized type (vectorized text outlines), that's done in illustrator. I received a photoshop file for revision, when opening the updated file in Illustrator, the text is spaced differently. I worked around it by saving the PS file as EPS and it maintained the type vectors.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text engines of Illustrator and Photoshop work differently, so with live text you cannot expect it to look exactly the same.

So maybe get that other person to use the appropriate app from the beginning?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0