• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Live Paint be available on iPad? (or is there an iPad work-around?)

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought an iPad pro which is amazing, but now I can't continue work on my old files because Adobe Illustrator on the iPad doesn't do Live Paint groups. Unfortunately I use Live Paint in nearly all of my designs, and I don't want to have to return this new device :'(

Does anyone know when Live Paint will be available on the iPad version?

And in the meantime, does anyone else know of any products that would allow me to do something similar to Live Paint on the ipad?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain.

Unfortunately nobody will be able to tell you when it will appear. And those that could be able to, are not allowed.  Make sure you use the feedback function in the app to tell them you want that.

I'm not aware of a vector application that even has a function such as Live paint. Some have a function comparable to the shapebuilder tool, but not a live function such as live paint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh. Well I guess better figure out what to do device wise if I'm gonna continue these projects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I did use the feedback form as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any news on this one? I can't find any way to do it. So weird since it's possible since forever to Color fill with the pencil in procreate. I love illustrator on the iPad so far but this one is a bit disappointing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only use the shapebuilder tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My workaround is to now do all the logo/vector work on the iPad with Adobe Fresco, using vector layers. It is lossless when scaling etc, and has a fill feature that I use the same way I would use Live Paint in Illustrator. Fresco doesn't have the same tools as Illustrator but I haven't opened illustrator in years, probably since I originally posted this question and I don't miss it. So maybe you could try Fresco? not sure what you need the Live Paint feature for, but Fresco works for my needs 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines