• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is my brush saving

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new pattern brush in Illustrator cs6. It appears in the brush menu of the file I created the brush in, but it appears nowhere else. It isn't anywhere in the Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 file (under Program Files > Adobe) and it doesn't appear when I go to the brush libraries menu in Illustrator. I therefore can't access it on any other document. Is there somewhere else it's saved or is there a way I can directly save it into one of the brush folders?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

You can go to the Panel menu and save this document as a Brush library. You can then access the library from the panel menu or the button on the bottom when you are in other documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might give libraries a try:

How to work with brushes in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to the Panel menu and save this document as a Brush library. You can then access the library from the panel menu or the button on the bottom when you are in other documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the brush library to appear in the "Open Brush Library" menu, save the file to /Applications/Adobe Illustrator XX/Presets/en_US/Brushes. If you want the brush library to appear in the "Open Brush Library/User Defined" submenu, save the file to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator XX/en_US/Brushes.

That's for a Mac, anyway. Not sure about the Windows locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also save the file with the brush as an Illustrator file wherever you want and open it as a brush library by choosing from the Brush Library > Open Brush Library > Other Library  and browse to the document that contains the brush..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e​ Awesome! That worked. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these suggestions are helpful. Not one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines