Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is Proxima Nova?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently got Illustrator and CC Free Trial and trying it out.

I'm currently playing around with fonts and saw that I can use Proxima Nova, however, when I look in the list in Illustrator, even under the "Find More" tab the font simply doesn't show up there.

I tried finding it on Adobe's website and that's not a problem, but whenever I do, it just states that it's already part of CC and I can activate it there. But whenever I start looking in the CC app it always sends me to the website again to find it, which again, I can, but can't activate it as it says it's already in CC

And the circle continues.

Anyone know what I'm supposed to do here? Keep in mind I'm new to all this.

Thank you 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you sync your Creative Cloud desktop app to the Creative Cloud?

Did you ask this question in the Illustrator community forum? 

Would you like me to move your question there?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea 

Thank you for the reply 🙂

Yes, it's synced up because I tried getting a few other fonts in the "Find More" tab and that works without any issue, the proxima nova font just isn't in the list.

I also got a notification today that Creative Cloud just updated and it hasn't popped up after that either.

I did not ask it in the illustrator forum as I didn't think it was an Illustrator specific question actually, but as I mentioned, I'm new to this, so maybe that's exactly where it needs to be. If you feel it's better placed there, then yes please, I would like it moved there 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your question to the Illustrator community.  Hopefully the experts there can help you find your Adobe Fonts.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any filters on so that when you search for the font it is preventing you from finding Proxima Nova? Click Clear All just to make sure, then search, maybe that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michelew83603738 thank you for the suggestion, but no I've never used the filters, however just in case I tried clicking Clear All a few times, but it still doesn't find it. It goes straight from the "po..." fonts to "PT..." fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try signing out of Creative Cloud and in again and then try to re-activate the font and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't seem to help out either. I can't reactive the font, as I've never found it and activated it in the first place 🙂 That's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Are you able to find and activate this font from here: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/proxima-nova? 

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines