• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which version of Illustrator should I keep?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed that Adobe Creative Cloud has 2 Ai versions.

Illustrator  v24.2.3

and

Illustrator v23.1

Why would the cloud keep 2 versions? 

And which one should I keep? 

Which one is newer? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

elindo,

24.2.3 is newer.

24 and 23 are the newest, and the ones that Adobe recommends for various reasons; but it is possible to use older versions.

Which to keep depends on what works best for you/suits you best with regard to a number of aspects including at least features (more in newer), compatibility with the OS (this can go both ways), bugs/different behaviour (this can also go both ways).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elindo,

24.2.3 is newer.

24 and 23 are the newest, and the ones that Adobe recommends for various reasons; but it is possible to use older versions.

Which to keep depends on what works best for you/suits you best with regard to a number of aspects including at least features (more in newer), compatibility with the OS (this can go both ways), bugs/different behaviour (this can also go both ways).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I agree with the suggestions shared by Jacob. Which version to keep totally depends on your workflow. You can keep both of them, however, if you want to choose one, I would suggest v24.2.3. It has got new features. You can check out the list here.

Also, we have bumped up the file format in AI 2020 so any file created in AI 2020 is not compatible with older (23.1) versions, however, older files can be open without any problem in newer versions. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines