White dots in watercolor

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21E936CE-C235-44BF-9973-8AF17D0C6E86.jpeg

When I make a watercolor drawing, the background keeps showing up on the stroke. For example, I make a watercolor stroke on a white background, then the stroke is full of white dots. How can I correct that?

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

White dots in watercolor

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21E936CE-C235-44BF-9973-8AF17D0C6E86.jpeg

When I make a watercolor drawing, the background keeps showing up on the stroke. For example, I make a watercolor stroke on a white background, then the stroke is full of white dots. How can I correct that?

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you made a watercolor painting and then you scanned it and then you used Image Trace in Illustrator, right?

That's not an ideal thing to do and will probably not give you the result you're looking for.

The shapes that Illustrator generates from that are not always that exact. Did you trace only this stroke or others as well? When tracing smaller images it will usually be precise.

Or did you already save it and then open it again? Did you save it as an SVG?

Or did you already create a brush and then used that brush?

Can we please see a screenshot of the complete piece? It helps when the relevant panels are included: layers, appearance and whatever panel you used.

And please don't make screenshots with your phone. Use the system tools.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
Resources