• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White line between spaces on pdf

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After export the file in PDF-Format a white line betweens spaces appear.

Will this white line appear on the print too?

How can i get rid of it?

Ive drawn lines to build sections for this vector portrait. Next I filled the sections with the right color. When exporting the file as a pdf, the white lines show, which arent visible in the preview.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

This has to do with the overprint setting and preview. Most printers won't pose an issue, since they will always have some overprint based on how their rasterization works, but if it's critical, it may need to be fixed manualyl by slightly enlarging the areas/ adding a hairline stroke in the same color.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Unchecking Smooth line art in Acrobat solves the white line problem, but the artwork looks crude.

As Mylenium suggested, enlarging the objects a little solves the problem.

You could select All and choose Object > Path > Offset Path and use a minimal amount like 0,01px

Then you can leave the smooth option on in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to do with the overprint setting and preview. Most printers won't pose an issue, since they will always have some overprint based on how their rasterization works, but if it's critical, it may need to be fixed manualyl by slightly enlarging the areas/ adding a hairline stroke in the same color.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Are you talking about the lines close to the mouth?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the lines are all over the portrait. it looks like as if the color sections supposed to be divided by this fine line, but the colors shouldnt have any seperation between them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me in Illustrator.

In Acrobat I can see them when I turn on in Preferences > Page Display > Rendering > Smooth line art.

When I uncheck it, it looks fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking Smooth line art in Acrobat solves the white line problem, but the artwork looks crude.

As Mylenium suggested, enlarging the objects a little solves the problem.

You could select All and choose Object > Path > Offset Path and use a minimal amount like 0,01px

Then you can leave the smooth option on in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, you may share it with us here. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issues, you may share the details. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines