Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White lines showing up in PDF saving from AI

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a vector file in AI. When I saved it to PDF white lines appeared around some of the vectors. At first, I thought some of the colors were changed but when I zoomed in it looks as though the vector within the shape (the shapes fill) has tiny white lines around it like the vector shrunk.

I've attached images for reference. The first photo is the AI file zoomed in to see there are no white linesScreen Shot 2020-08-09 at 11.02.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-09 at 11.03.17 AM.png within the flower. The second screenshot is the zoomed-in pdf file of the same flower save from the AI file. It is hard to see unless you zoom in but if you look at the pdf the color looks completely wrong. 

here is an image not as zoomed in. Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 11.13.13 AM.png

You can see 4 flowers have those really light lines in them and you can see the stem of the flower behind them in the flower with the white lines. It is because I can see the stem through the flower that I think the vectors are shrinking creating a gap and allowing the background image to show through. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you so much to all who halp!

Jaci

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

This is an antialiasing issue. It usually doesn't print (inoffset printing), but might appear when you convert to pixels or when you print to inkjet.

You might try in the cases if the antialiasing setting "Super sampling" helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an antialiasing issue. It usually doesn't print (inoffset printing), but might appear when you convert to pixels or when you print to inkjet.

You might try in the cases if the antialiasing setting "Super sampling" helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me where to find the "super Sampling" setting?

Thes files are for an instant download document that will be printed on home computers so most likely inkjet will be in there. The files need to be formatted so the customer can print without any adjustments.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setting is present in all dialogs for converting or exporting to pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes by clicking on the cogwheel (Export for Screens), sometimes by checking options in the menu (Asset Export panel) and sometimes directly in the export dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines