Highlighted

White Objects Disappear when Exporting

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am having an issue exporting an image I made. When I export my text (which has been converted to shape for editing) as black it exports fine, but when I change my shapes to white it just exports as a giant block. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

White Objects Disappear when Exporting

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am having an issue exporting an image I made. When I export my text (which has been converted to shape for editing) as black it exports fine, but when I change my shapes to white it just exports as a giant block. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not quite obvious what you mean.

What do you mean by "giant block"?

Maybe it has to do with inappropriate overprint settings. Can you share at least a screenshot that may illustrate your issue?

Also, which version of Illustrator are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator CC 2019

Here is my image exported with black-

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 2.34.56 PM.png

And here is my image exported with white-

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 2.34.40 PM.png

I wanted it to be like the first one but with white text instead of black (bar still black though). All I did in photoshop was change the color of my objects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 0
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grimm1212  schrieb

All I did in photoshop was change the color of my objects.

WHat exactly did you do to change the color of the objects?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just selected the object and changed the hex code to make it white

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 0
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

I just selected the object and changed the hex code to make it white

Changed what where?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 3.55.38 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 0
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to select single objects. And you will need to check if it's their stroke or their fill that needs to be recolored. And then change exactly that.

Also: View > Show transparency grid. Then you see what exactly is happening?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2019 0
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the items and uncheck overprint in the attributes panel. If you do not have any placed images you can select all and remove teh overprint. The overprint settings do not apply to images, sometimes I hide all images then do a select all.

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 3.38.05 PM.png

You can proof that you did not miss any by doing a view >> overprint

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 2
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 0
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should have worked, as your description strongly suggests a classi overprint issue. Did you select the items prior to going to the attributes panel.

What happens if you do a view >> overprint preview, does the artwork change

Can you post a copy of the file using google drive, dropbox or similar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in my case, I went to View > Overprint Preview and noticed my whites were not showing. I remember that I had brought thew outlined text from InDesign, so what I did in Illustrator was, opened pathfinder, and divided all objects. Apparently when you drag from ID into AI, some mask or compund path get added to that grphic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - I opened an InDesign-generated PDF in Illustrator, and unwittingly created overprint issues. Your answer solved my problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0