Highlighted

White space issue with exported SVG and Jpeg file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice in why I have white space above my svg and jpeg file I exported?

It is 3000px by 3000px and the image I have created is for a podcast.

Thanks

Kathryn

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

White space issue with exported SVG and Jpeg file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice in why I have white space above my svg and jpeg file I exported?

It is 3000px by 3000px and the image I have created is for a podcast.

Thanks

Kathryn

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show?

Also: which version is this and how did you export the image?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I used export as

And made a svg and also I did a jpeg  but shows the same with white above the image this is not in the illustrator document while designing it is a perfect 3000px by 3000px full illustration? I didnt want to send image just in case it gets copied 

Can you advise me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you export the artboard or did you drag the artwork into the Export panel and exported that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through file - export as -and went through the procedure of svg and repeated with a jpeg file  both had the white space above the image about a third of the page was taken up above the image

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

created a 3000px by 3000px document created my illustration then proceeded to go to file- export as etc 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the "Use Artboards" checkbox on exporting?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes  I just added the artboards and ticked the box and the file has updated and the white space has gone thank you 

Question 1

My artboard was 3000pi by 3000pi this is the size I was advised to set up for an image to be used for a podcast can you confirm that that is the right size.

I exported it as a jpeg and SVG file which I think its best to send the SVG file as its better quality please confirm..

Question2

Althrough the images exported properly I have had the problem of trying to preview the SVG file as it comes back with permission denied what am I doing wrong for this problem to occur ??? I by pass that and finish off the SVG file but would like to preview it first

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the size of the image and file format, please ask the podcast service about the specifications.

Exactly when do you get the "Permission denied" message?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file - export - export as then proceed to the dialoge box before continuing to svg the final step its the preview option in the dialoge box as soon as I click that it starts to load then the screen opens up as says no permission with other writing on black background 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please write that down step by step? I don't get it, sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 13.55.39.png

To convert the image i go through the steps

file export export as then choose svg go to the dialog box where the icon is to view the image before see below from sample image arrow is pointing to it 

Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 14.03.37.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just save it without previewing it, does that work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does but after watching a tutorial it shows you can preview it so why cant I preview it???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also this is a new subject since adobe updated their site I cant access my PF portfolio to edit it.

What are the steps to get into it as it says create in the image below?? 

When I have a portfolio up and running already (Myportfolio.com)

Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 18.14.44.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me, so I guess there is something in your system that prevents it from working. Insufficient user privileges, browser not setup correctly or the like.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you logged in to the same account that you set it up with?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, you may share it with us here. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issues, you may share the concern. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0