• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who do we contact for HELPFUL customer service?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't install Illustator on our fresh windows 10 install, your techs can't fix it, your escalated techs can't fix it, your latest tech today named Chander made fun of us for "being IT" and "we should know how to fix it" and then actually not being able to fix it himself when he logged into our computer.

WHO IS RUNNING THIS COMPANY?

How is it so hard to install a piece of software these days and have it load past the boot screen?

We are so disappointed - 3 calls to tech support now, no calls back, no case numbers from call to call to track anything, what are we paying for here again?   WHO CAN HELP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is a public forum we can only point you to the support, which is this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
It's best to contact them via the chat, because then they can easier handle the login to your system.

I will see if I can alert staff to your thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chat has also proven to be worthless.

I explained the whole problem to them, they replied with "May I know which version of illustrator you want to install in your computer ?"

This is a joke.  We are getting out of the subscription. This is not sustainable for a company. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote: it's a public forum. 95% of people not even staff.

I have tried to alert staff to your thread. So let's see what they can do about it.

This is something that most probably cannot be solved without logging into your system, because I suppose that your IT people have already read all the documentation that is publicly available and there is nothing new anyone can point them to.

There is a dedicated forum for installing and setting up. Maybe someone there has anything to add. Maybe they know about some specific Windows related issues. https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/bd-p/download-and-install?page=1&sort=latest_replies...

But one question: Illustrator does fully load and then? Crashes? Just shows a blank page? You can't create a new file? Can't open a file? Can you access the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Illustrator install, first time user on this computer, Illustrator boots and freezes at the start up screen.

Why are you assuming that we have IT people?  I'm an individual user, with admin access on a normal computer - I noticed this is a common call out by the Adobe techs too and then they have seemingly tried to insist we are or aren't 'REALLY' IT people - we are people, with computer knowledge, why does everyone with Adobe care that we are or aren't IT labeled?  This is SO weird. 

2 techs so far have logged into our computer, with no results, and it's now escalated, 2 techs have told us they would call us back, no one has called us back.  You can move this post if you like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I misread the "your" in your first post as "our".

I cannot move anything in this forum. I'm not a moderator. I'm not associated with Customer Care. Most people mistake us forum regulars as Adobe staff. We aren't. We are just volunteers from around the world answering from our experience and based on the thousands of other posts we are following here.

So what Illustrator does when staarting is read the preferences. The preferences can get corrupted. It's unlikely that the preferences are corrupted directly after installing, but it's possible. You can try and rename the preferences folder. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

What it also does is loading the Home screen. It fetches stuff from the internet for the Home screen. If a firewall is blocking Illustrator from accessing the internet, then it might act up. I don't know if you have a firewall running or if something else is blocking internet access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prefs have been cleared multiple times, nothing to clear on these of course.

This is a bad start to creative cloud for us, and the more we read, the more we find that this is a very common problem.  Back to Cs6 we go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nathan, 

We're extremely sorry about this experience. I have already sent an email to the management escalating this. While we take care of this, in the meantime I would request if you could share the following details:

• While going through the case logs, I found that you are facing trouble while opening Illustrator, but here you have mentioned that Illustrator is not even installed.
  • Is Illustrator installed on your machine or you are still facing issues while installing it? 
  • If it is already installed, what exactly happens when you try to open the application, does it give any error code or crash report?

We're here to help!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines