• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are the Adobe (TypeKit) fonts I am syncing not showing up for use in Illustrator?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am beyond frustrated right now.  But that's neither here nor there for anyone reading this so I will get to the point.

I have synced the TypeKit font, Tablet Gothic Wide to my Mac, but it simply won't show up as a font choice in Illustrator.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Hi all,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We have created this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.ug.html) that should help you resolve most of the font activation issues.

For other font related issues, we suggest the following help articles:

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance, we'd be happy to help. 

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked if the font is there in other apps?

Maybe this explains the problem?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6178120?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this.  I've confirmed that the font selections are added to your account correctly. 

In case you weren't aware, the Creative Cloud application needs to be running on your computer in order for the fonts to be synced. If you don't have that installed, you can download it for free from https://creative.adobe.com/products

Once you have Creative Cloud running:

- Are the fonts showing up in the Fonts tab of Creative Cloud? 

- If you haven't done so already, would you please try turning off font sync in the Creative Cloud application, wait a moment, and then turn it back on?  The option to do this is under the gear icon in Preferences > Fonts ("sync on/off").  Sometimes the app just needs a fresh session for the fonts to appear again.

If that doesn't make a difference, please send your recent sync log files to Typekit Support at support@typekit.com so that we can look into it further.

Thank you,

-- liz

On OS X:

* Open the Finder

* under the Go menu, select "Go To Folder"

* in the window that opens, type:  /Users/(username)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

Remember to replace "(username)" with your own account name.

(Or if you are comfortable working from the Terminal, cd to $HOME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/)

Attach the 3 or 4 most recent CoreSync-yyyy-MM-dd.log files to an email. Please don't send a zip file, as they often get flagged as spam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - shutting off the syncing and turning it back on made things worse. Now NONE of my typekit fonts are available, not just the ones I added today.

I have restarted. This is VERY frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know I had to be signed into the CC app running, that fixed my issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem also just today. After reading Liz's note above about Cloud running for sync, I opened my Cloud app, and nothing was there. I quit it, and started it again from the Start menu, and it said "Unable to connect to Adobe." Then it refreshed with a message about an update, so I clicked to install that, which took a few minutes. I discovered my shortcut no longer worked, so I got rid of it and launched from Start, which worked great, and my fonts had returned to normal in my Ai file. I then recreated my taskbar shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the issue. My CC app shows the fonts as synced, but InDesign does not. No idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue today and realize when I go to "Manage my account" from Illustrator, it takes me to my personal CC account login (which I am not allowed to change on the login page). When I go to the CC app I am logged in under my work account. This is confusing since I am logged in under my personal account in the browser in order to access my Adobe Forum user account. This CC world is not fun sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen to me on a few occasions, and each time the solution was updating the creative cloud app to the newest version. After updating, all of the synced fonts reappeared in the font selection menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the opposite situation. Whenever I update, something breaks. But you can't do anything without updating, meaning you have to click "Update". Rebooting doesn't help. I suspect it's a bug in this update, and I will have to update again in a few days. It's annoying to reboot repeatedly, to no benefit. I'm sure everyone else is like me, and has about 10 apps open to get work done, so rebooting is a real hassle.

I've followed the "Troubleshooting steps" about 10 times. Feels like running around a tree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem also.  The font appears in InDesign but not in Illustrator.  And there is no line about synching fonts in the preferences area in the Cloud app.  How can I get the font to Illustrator?  When I click on the Add Fonts From Typekit button in the character palette in Illustrator, it just takes me to the fontkit website, where it says the font has been synched.  There are no updates for the software.  I need this font to recreate a logo asap.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I closed everything and restarted the software and the font appeared. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah so just open the creative cloud, app/browser thingy and go to "Home" click, "sync fonts" and then restart the program. Fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same infuriating problem, despite the original post being nearly 4 years old (wow Adobe, how is this still a problem?).

I was unable to save my work, because this error kept popping up. I tried everything above, and I tried deleting font cache. No luck. The one solution that worked:

Unsync the font in typekit, and resync it.

what a fun couple of hours this has been!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yess.... it worked, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have tried every single option on here and I can still not use my fonts. This is absolutely ridiculous that this has been an issue for over 3 years with an Adobe Product. Font's say they are installed. When I go into Illustrator it say's they can't be found on my PC. I have sync'd, resync'd, closed all the processes, logged out and everything else that has been suggested here and the font's still will not show up in my program. Please can someone help me fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW IS THIS STILL NOT FIXED...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TypeKit fonts don't seem to sync if the software needs an update.

Select Help from the top menu on Indesign, Illustrator etc, select Updates... and follow the prompts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator, I had some Adobe fonts showing up, but others were not. One font in particular had 4 of the 18 variations of the font showing up. I had tried all of the above options…. un-sync, re-sync, log out of CC, log back in, restart Illustrator, and everything else. Nothing worked. It was maddening. Then I saw this response. I checked CC and I had an update to Illustrator available. Made the update and instantly all the fonts were synced back up. Not sure if it will work for everyone, but this worked for me. Thanks for this suggestion!! --Also not sure why, but when I typed in this forum, it did not show the letter "y" in any of the words I used. Even copy and paste removed the "y" from every word. When I switched to the Bold setting, all of the "y's" reappeared. Weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more I use Illustrator the more I hate it. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, offer the "cut the cable", very basic versions of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign etc, and a good set of traditional, and display fonts all on a thumb drive. Very basic could also include Apple jumping in the barrel with an OS with the same idea. No animated, glossy folders, bells, whistles (OS 7.6)...the power and speed of today with the straight-forward simplicity of the early to-mid 1990's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to search the font name in the font selecting tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it was because it was a web font only. It would be worth checking to make sure it's a desktop don't you are trying to sync.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have this issue with my typekit. I have fonts installed on my work computer and when working on my macbook at home it tells me fonts are synced but when opening Indesign the fonts are missing. I have done all suggested troubleshooting, in creative cloud, turning on and off synced fonts etc. This is a recurrant issue can someone help once and for all as to why this happens please? And what i can do. It is a big timewaster...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines