• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does a handle sometimes not curve a line?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Please see the vid below.

Could anyone tell me why sometimes a handle doesn't curve a line?

The top horizontal line stays resolustely straight!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

A shot into dark:

Your path is not closed. Try to toggle [Ctrl]+[Y]

( = menu: View --> Outline View) to verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

This circle is a "Corner rounding" vidget. So, if there was a corner (created by pen click or by Corner tool), it appears to allow you to round the corner. If you created the arc segment by 2 smooth anchor points, there is no original corner to round.

If you joined 2 points by Join command, the closed points mode depends on the original points modes (starting one = corner one, ending was created as smooth).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A shot into dark:

Your path is not closed. Try to toggle [Ctrl]+[Y]

( = menu: View --> Outline View) to verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's it, many thanks! 🙂

So i guess the solution is select the two points at either side of the line, right click > join?

Sorry, if i could trouble you with just one more question:

That little dot within a circle that lets you round out a corner: it seems to me to appear and dissapear randomly.

Please see the vid below. In it you can see that when i click on the path on the right, i get the icon and can adjust the corner, but when i click the (similar looking) path on the left, it doesn't appear, any ideas?

https://youtu.be/gGbJNFpiVnY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This circle is a "Corner rounding" vidget. So, if there was a corner (created by pen click or by Corner tool), it appears to allow you to round the corner. If you created the arc segment by 2 smooth anchor points, there is no original corner to round.

If you joined 2 points by Join command, the closed points mode depends on the original points modes (starting one = corner one, ending was created as smooth).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daz V 

two questions and every question has a good correct answer.

I will mark both answers as correct. I have no control over which answer is pinned on top.

Please: open a new thread for a new question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, ok, thanks, sorry, i didnt know there were rules about asking more than one question in a thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In best case:

You ask, you get one or more good answers - and finally you mark the one (or more) good answer(s) as "Correct Answer".

This is clear and will help future questioners.

Regards

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no rules on that specifically, it just makes things simpler for those looking for questions and answers in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines