• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Illustrator keep changing my color?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultkrd7ao3cyizq_0-1624945498939.png

You'd think these were two different colors right? But no, the hex keys are the same for both. I'm not sure why Illustrator is doing this...it's recent so it seems like an update I missed and don't know how to fix. 

Whenever I try to change the color, it'll choose a slight complementary color, like below. There's no transparencies set on the stroke and really only appears when I start adding colors to the object. 

defaultkrd7ao3cyizq_1-1624945657158.png

Does anyone know what this is and how to fix/remove this feature?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Do I Understand well that you mean the light-blue strokes?
What kind of appearance do you use? Is it a brush or just a line profile? If it's a brush, what kind of colorization is used?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

I found the issue! you were right, it was actually a brush, not a stroke (it's an old CAD) that was set to hue shift colorization. I switched brush colorization to tint, and issue is resolved, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**NOTE** I'd like to note that this only occurs (so far) to strokes, not fills. I'm referring to the cream and light blue stroke colors! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RGB or CMYK docuent?

How is color management setup?

And as was mentioned, which colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»You'd think these were two different colors right?«

Which colors are you talking about? 

Could you please post meaningful screenshots that include ALL the pertinent Panels and with the objects selected individually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I Understand well that you mean the light-blue strokes?
What kind of appearance do you use? Is it a brush or just a line profile? If it's a brush, what kind of colorization is used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I meant that the cream and the light blue strokes are the supposed to be in the same color. They are line profile and I usually work in grayscale and black/white when I'm drafting the image. The strange colorization only sometimes occurs when I copy the entire object (I colorize CADs so I'm just copy and pasting the same object multiple times.) Here is each stroke color highlighted with their hex keys:

defaultkrd7ao3cyizq_0-1624985919889.png

defaultkrd7ao3cyizq_1-1624985937818.png

Both strokes have the same color assigned, but they are visually different. There are no transparencies or other color alterations added to either stroke. 

When I try to alter the color, it outputs a complementary color and not the actual color I picked. 

defaultkrd7ao3cyizq_2-1624986131301.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, show the Appearance panel for the cream line and for blue strokes.

Or, if it's possible for you, share the working file to see something more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Appearance panel for the blue stroke:

defaultkrd7ao3cyizq_0-1624992115513.png

And here is the appearance panel for the cream line:

defaultkrd7ao3cyizq_1-1624992139564.png

Unfortunately I cannot share the working file publicly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. as far as I can see, blue strokes are not line profiles but brushes. Could you please show the brush settings?

2. which blending mode has the blue stroke?
And you don't have to share the whole working file. Just copy into a new file 2-3 lines (one creamy line and 1-2 blue strokes) and share this reduced image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the issue! you were right, it was actually a brush, not a stroke (it's an old CAD) that was set to hue shift colorization. I switched brush colorization to tint, and issue is resolved, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you copy and paste into a new doc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines