• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Illustrator keep coming to front on Mac OS X High Sierra

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator constantly pops up in front of other applications and it's very annoying. 

Nothing seems to prevent it apart from quitting and not using the app. 

I've tried hiding the app, minimising windows to the dock - but nothing stops it coming to the front - causing me annoying hassle if I'm in the middle of typing an email or moving a file. 

I am running illustrator 24.2.3

on a Mac mini 2012 i7

with MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

I hope someone can please advise a solution

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian,

Apologies for the delayed response. This is not the usual behavior of the app. Please try resetting the preferences of the app & see if it helps. You may follow the instructions below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines