Why does width had height proportions not change evenly?

Contributor ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My objects are all base on aspect ratios. 1:1 1:2 etc. When I select Maintain width and height proportions, the do not chang evenly. for example I have a 1:1 150 mm square rectangle. With "Maintain width and height  proportions" selected and I change the width to 140 mm the height changes to 139.993 mm. How do I fix this?

Jim

James@jpalik.com - www.JPalik.com
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021
Ho do you change the width or height? Use the link button to reserve the Width and Height ratio as it is.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho do you change the width or height?
Use the link button to reserve the Width and Height ratio as it is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the Transform panel:
7.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seems a normal way to get as close to 140 as makes no difference. Five significant figures is close enough. Adobe added more decimal places to display at some point, and it seems to have led to a lot of non-problems. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines