• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is applying a gradient fill excedingly difficult?

Participant ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a hard time applying a gradient fill to an object. I have 4 converted to outlines text objects that I have tried every method available in the help tutorials to apply the gradient to. I can see in the layers & appearance panel that it shows that the gradient has been applied, yet the objects remain black. Interstingly I can apply a stroke to the object & that will show but any type of fill will not apply to these objects they always remain black - which is weird & making me want to pull my hair out. Anyone know why fills would not apply to an object? Thank You.

Gradient.gif

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Thank you. Actually it turns out to be a glitch with a file that I am working with apparently. When I try to create this gradient fill outline text in this particular file I have this difficulty, However trying this same technique in a new file, or other files is perfectly simple as expected. Huh, just one of those things. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gradiefnt.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your appearance panel says that you have targeted the layer.

You might possible want to read about selecting and targeting: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/layers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Actually it turns out to be a glitch with a file that I am working with apparently. When I try to create this gradient fill outline text in this particular file I have this difficulty, However trying this same technique in a new file, or other files is perfectly simple as expected. Huh, just one of those things. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines