• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Illustrator not uninstalling previous versions when updating?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as the title states, it's not just Illustrator, it's my whole suite of Adobe apps. I have had endless GPU issues (screen is blank unless I switch off GPU option [no more animated zoom 😞 ], corrupt files with 2019 vs 2020 Illustrator. 

I saw this same question posted over the past 5 years and yet it is still a thing - is anybody else encountering these issues and does anyone know of any solutions to automatically delete older versions upon updating? 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

"Why is Illustrator not uninstalling previous versions when updating?"

It is an option you need to check when updating:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html?product=Creative%20Cloud%20Desktop&product-version=5.1.0.407&mv=product&mv2=accc#

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why is Illustrator not uninstalling previous versions when updating?"

It is an option you need to check when updating:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html?product=Creative%20Cloud%20D...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly. I ended up doing an Intel driver update separate to the Nvidia ones (to fix the problems with AI, PS not working on the Nvidia Studio driver), individually removed all the 2019 versions in CC but will follow the instructions on your link for the future. Thank you for your help and your time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you've got it working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still plagued every couple of months. I suspect it has to do with nVidia realesing new driver updates which i now refuse to use. However, I recently had the exact same issue as above because i had installed one of their drivers and struggled to roll back. Eventually did an Intel driver directly and it worked again. Going to bookmark this page LOL. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines