• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my stroke in Illustrator grey when all the settings are correct? And, when I print the page,

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is my stroke in Illustrator grey when all the settings are correct? Under the Color Panel, it is set to #00000, it's under RGB in the flyout, the opacity is 100%, and the Appearance Panel shows it as black when I select the "Stroke" option. And, when I print the page, nothing prints!! ???

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Your screenshot is 25% zoom level.

Please: take screenshots as PNG and embed them in the post. Attachments cause everyone to download and then having to open the file instead of just looking at it in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're zoomed out. And then anti-aliasing happens on the screen.

As for the printing, please tell us the type of printer and the options. And also the size of your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer is an HP OfficeJet Pro 8020. I went ahead and uninstalled Illustrator and then reinstalled it. I have my black line back, and a document now prints. However, the problem is persisting with the Line Segment tool. ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and it's a 1080 px x 1350 px document. I does it in CMYK and RGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I was doing ok after reinstalling Illustrator. I created a pattern brush on one document. I want to make another pattern brush, so I just saved-as the first document and delected the contents. When I tried to use the pen tool to make a stroke, I get the grey line again and the document does not print. I am not zoomed out. I now get the dreaded grey line again in a new document. It shows on the screen, but does not print. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot is 25% zoom level.

Please: take screenshots as PNG and embed them in the post. Attachments cause everyone to download and then having to open the file instead of just looking at it in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika,

I am abashed to admit that it seems you were right that I was somehow zoomed out too far, or something like that. I'm not a new user either, this has never happened to me before! But I really appreciate the help that you and the others at Adobe provide. It's one of the reasons I've remained a CC subscriber.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad that your issue could be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines