• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the color changing?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very frustrating problem for me, but also extremely confusing. I can't think of a single reason why this would be happening so any suggestions would be helpful!

On my laptop, after I open Adobe Illustrator I can select a shape or piece of text and color it into whatever color I'd like and have no porblem at all! However, when I move the Illustrator window from my laptop to my monitor, the color of the shape changes. It dulls. And it's not just weird because the color dulls (then I might think it's a problem with my monitor), but it's only the color of the shape or text that changes. Not the color of the little preview square in the bottom left of the tools panel. That stays the same, bright color I selected. 

Also, when I save the file as a pdf and open it on my monitor, it will be the brighter version of the color I chose. That's how I know it's not the monitor.

I have no Idea what to do here. It's super obvious and it means that I can't design anything with color on my monitor... which is the whole reason I got it.

Thoughts?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen this in the past when I had document (not necessarily Illustrator) straddling two monitors as its display color space can only be one or the other for that document at a time, but don't know if that's what's happening in your case. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines