Why is there a thin white between textured shapes in Illustrator?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've separated the limbs for animating but, whenever I add the grain photoshop effect in illustrator, this thin line pops up. It doesn't go away when I drag my illustrations into a composition. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 18.41.01 PM.png

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop effects are raster effects, so that's likely an anti-aliasing artifact. You can minimize it by adding a stroke set to Apply Gradient Across Stroke with both color stops of the gradient set to the color of the shape, but set the Opacity of the color stop affecting the outside edge to 0%. Increase the size of the stroke until the edge isn't noticeable.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

such effects work better when yo apply them directly in AfterEffects. I would suggest to remove effect from illustration and then apply Noise effect in AE. If you want the noise on all elements, just create an Adjustment layes with this effect above all animated layers.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines