• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why is View Using CPU so slow?

Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another bug I have found with Illustrator is that if I drag my guides, they disappear until I stop moving them, which is extremely unhelpful.

If I change to "View Using CPU" then I can see my guides when I drag them, but the whole app becomes extremely slow.

How do I keep Illustrator running efficiently and also retain the ability to see my guides when I move them?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's mutually exclusive - not in absolute technical terms, but simply how Adobe go about these matters. Instead of fixing AI from the ground up, they view GPU acceleration as a quick fix instead of tackling the actual underlying issues. At best you can hope that updating your system's graphics driver may improve matters, but otherwise it just is what it is. AI has always been slow as molasses in CPU-only modes. There's simply too much old/ bad code under the hood.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines