Window and panels moving when Mac goes to sleep

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac Mini M1 with 16GB and Big Sur 11.2.3, and am up to date on my Creative Cloud updates. About 25-30% of the time, when the computer goes to sleep, Illustrator will drop down about 1/5 of the way down the screen, as if I clicked the title bar and dragged it down the screen. When this happens, some of my panels will move around as well and I have to reset my workspace. Also, the grey space around the artboard shimmers when I move my cursor and the little popup window urging me to click and learn more about new features will have the font size reduced about 60%. All this happens with both Illustrator and Photoshop (the only Adobe apps I use regularly.) I usually end up quitting and restarting the program, and resetting my workspace. Oddly, all this doesn't happen EVERY time the computer sleeps, but it does happen fairly often, and is very annoying. 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might add, this only happens with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, none of the many other programs I have open at any particular time when the computer sleeps.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of display do you have connected to the Mac mini? Do you use the "Default for display" resolution setting or one of the custom scalings? Do you have any window managers installed (Display Maid, etc)?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My display is an LG HDR 4K (27UK850). I'm using a scaled display setting. No window managers.

Thank you for your reply.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines