Highlighted

Windows AIP silently not loading, autolaser fldskeleton.aip

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. This is a long shot but I'm asking everywhere!

ANY thoughts or helps are very welcome.

I'm asking in the developer forum because I suspect it's something subtle that is more likely to be on your radar. (I am a developer, of AE plugins, but this question is about a third party item.)

Problem:
• A plugin called FldSkeleton.AIP is provided with the Windows software called "Autolaser". (It's a chinese laser cutting software/hardware system.)
• Has worked great on our maker space's (illegal) Illustrator circa 2014.
• Now that we have legal seats paid for (whew!), the plugin does not seem to work, most latest Illustrator, 2018 ish.
• It is _supposed_ to add a menu item "Laser Design" to the Windows menu, with sub-items for "Export to Autolaser" and "About". (It's not really a Window or View, maybe that's the best they could figure out to make it show up.)
• Is there some new metadata file that should accompany AIP plugins?

Speculations:
• Is there some recent security or code-signing added in the last couple of years for AI Plugins?
• Did the API change so that the Window menu really can only show plugins that open a window?
• Ruled out: 64/32 bit issues. Old working AI host is 64-bit, and the new non-working is also 64-bit.

• Some other security breach, system call or something that the plugin makes, which is now intercepted?

Any leads appreciated. Very much thanks for reading!

Topics

SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Windows AIP silently not loading, autolaser fldskeleton.aip

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. This is a long shot but I'm asking everywhere!

ANY thoughts or helps are very welcome.

I'm asking in the developer forum because I suspect it's something subtle that is more likely to be on your radar. (I am a developer, of AE plugins, but this question is about a third party item.)

Problem:
• A plugin called FldSkeleton.AIP is provided with the Windows software called "Autolaser". (It's a chinese laser cutting software/hardware system.)
• Has worked great on our maker space's (illegal) Illustrator circa 2014.
• Now that we have legal seats paid for (whew!), the plugin does not seem to work, most latest Illustrator, 2018 ish.
• It is _supposed_ to add a menu item "Laser Design" to the Windows menu, with sub-items for "Export to Autolaser" and "About". (It's not really a Window or View, maybe that's the best they could figure out to make it show up.)
• Is there some new metadata file that should accompany AIP plugins?

Speculations:
• Is there some recent security or code-signing added in the last couple of years for AI Plugins?
• Did the API change so that the Window menu really can only show plugins that open a window?
• Ruled out: 64/32 bit issues. Old working AI host is 64-bit, and the new non-working is also 64-bit.

• Some other security breach, system call or something that the plugin makes, which is now intercepted?

Any leads appreciated. Very much thanks for reading!

Topics

SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same trouble -Corel plugin works fine, but would rather just use AI. Been dorking around with this for months, cannot get it installed. First issue is when installing plugins, the AI path does not autopopulate as it does for Corel. This might be a hint. IDK. Just extracted the installer files to see if I can find where that path should be. If I can edit in the installer, then maybe... second question is if the plugin itself with actually work with AI2020. We'll see..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines