• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Won't export to svg

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent the last week trying to get Illustrator to export svg. Totally fine before. Spent 3.5 huors with support team totally wrecking my graphics settings, then having to kick them out and reinstall everything.

The export starts, then either looks done or freezes totally. Nothing exports. 

I really need svgs as I am a web developer. what on earth is going on? Everything is up to date. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

This looks like a file specific issue. Shared file was behaving the same way as you explained in your post. Instead of using Export option, I used Save as a copy to save the file as SVG.  Took some time but got SVG files using this method. You may try this on your end as well. Please download the files from here.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's in your file? Can you upload your file to Dropbox or the like for someone to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monkia. Literally every single one of my files on both my desktop and my laptop have the same issue. 

Here's oneo f them: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtNRgbX6oglhit4ZexjdIOneRnIM1Q?e=NlhXza

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So there are 200,000 paths in this file and 2,000,000 anchor points and you are wondering why this doesn't want to export to SVG?

The other files that worked well weren't quite as large, I suppose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for sharing the file with us. I have converted your file to SVG. Please get it from here.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, not really though I still have several other files and new clients coming on. i need to be able to export to svg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I need each artboard as a separate svg, they aren't much use to me as one giant document. It's not really the point of a logo is it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a file specific issue. Shared file was behaving the same way as you explained in your post. Instead of using Export option, I used Save as a copy to save the file as SVG.  Took some time but got SVG files using this method. You may try this on your end as well. Please download the files from here.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines