Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workaround to rotate..artboard?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Recently touched the vector-domain under A.I after a long period of PS challenges and I have one big worry regarding the artboard rotation under A.i. In PS, rotating canvas is a wonderful feature for those that work with graphic-tablet but under A.I I haven't found any related option. Is there any workaround regarding this? How do you guys move around with the pencil/brush?

Thanks!

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Illustrator can do many things, but not rotating the canvas as Photoshop or Painter can.

You can select all and rotate, then rotate back when you are down

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

This feature is now part of Illustrator 25.3.1 release available in Creative Cloud Desktop from 21 June 2021 - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/rotate-view.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator can do many things, but not rotating the canvas as Photoshop or Painter can.

You can select all and rotate, then rotate back when you are down

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being able to rotate artboards has been requested a lot of times and there are sufficient reasons why it would be useful in many situations.

Currently, it's still not available and there is no equivalent workaround. Sometimes it may be satisfying to use rotated symbol instances while working with the unrotated "master symbol". And sometimes using the Transform effect at the Layer level may also work. There are some other approaches, but none of them is as practical as being able to rotate the artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally this feature has been added to illustrator in the latest v 25.3 update. It's something that myself and my colleagues have been crying out for a long time. Once you have updated it's as simple as (shift+H) holding shift whilst rotating locks to 15 degree angles. 🥳

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This feature is now part of Illustrator 25.3.1 release available in Creative Cloud Desktop from 21 June 2021 - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/rotate-view.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines