Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow to pose a 2d-Character, but not for animation

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've created a 2d-character in illustrator and want to use it in different poses. I do not want do redraw every pose, so the question is to use a kind of skeleton (as I know it from 3d-Software). I've found the Puppet Warp tool, but the result is not so nice.

My question is, how do you create different poses of a character. Do you create pose by pose or do you use another Adoboe tool (e.g. Adobe Character Animator and export the new pose as .ai File back to illsutrator?). My current way is to have all the bodyparts on differnet layers and move and transform it in the correct position, but I am not sure is this is the state of the art way to do it. Maybe I can improve the process to use Symbols?

example.png

Thank you very much for your feedback

Florian

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do want to check out other software, you can import your Illustrator file into Animate CC. There are a few ways to set up a rig to make the poses. Animate also has a puppet tool, but you might prefer layer parenting or the bone tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines