Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working offline

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if there is a setting in Illustrator that will allow me to use the app offline without having to take my whole computer offline during the day.  I have limited bandwidth and can't tie up my whole network all day while I'm creating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

You can stop the synchronizing in the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

You can use a firewall software and choose which application can access the internet or not. If you are on a MAC you can use Little Snitch(paid) or LuLu(free).

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can work offline.

But from time to time you should go online --> helpx.adobe.com | Creative Cloud | Internet connection creative cloud apps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've seen this. Per my initial message....I don't see if there is a way to just switch the app to offline mode though as I can't work with my whole system offline all day. Is there a setting in the app to achieve this? If not, I won't be using Adobe products. We don't all have access to fibre optic internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to work offline with Creative Cloud - but you want your computer to stay online?

I don't think there's a button on the Creative Cloud for that. You have to "manually" deactivate the internet connection for these apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, That's how I have to work. I live in the sticks. Fibreop is not an option and I'm not the only one that lives here. I can't use the entire network all day. Since Adobe makes it impossible to reach them directly to ask these questions and look for workarounds I guess I'll have to assume your response is the only answer there is and cancel my trial to look for an alternatiave. Thank you for your assistance.

It's a shame that these big companies are trying to force everyone into the cloud. Even if I had the bandwidth I'm not a fan of putting all of my work online nor being forced into that solution. I want to choose where my work stays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can stop the synchronizing in the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use a firewall software and choose which application can access the internet or not. If you are on a MAC you can use Little Snitch(paid) or LuLu(free).

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines