• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

working with different versies from Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to know if it is possible to work with two different versies of illustrator when you have 1 licence.

example; I have 1 licences from illustrator. I install it on 2 laptops. One laptop in versie 2018 and one laptop in versie 2020.

Is it possible to work on this way?

When i make something on laptop 1 in versie 2018 and i open it in the laptop 2 in versie 2020 it is good. But when i open it later in laptop 1 again than all i make is change or i cannot open it anymore.

Is this a problem that you know? and what can i do to work good whit 2 different versies?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

When saving in 2020 you have to save as Version > Illustrator CC (legacy) 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

What Ton says.

I think I'm competent to answer this one:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-11 um 16.31.21.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-02-11 um 16.30.51.png

It's possible to work this way, but you need to be careful to not use functions that aren't available in the older version, because when saving down, the objects will be expanded, such as freeform gradients and repeat objects (if you update your 2020 even further)

When I want to make sure to not mess up my files, I use the same version on both machines, which is CC2017 in my case.

Unfortunately you cannot install CC 2018 anymore i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving in 2020 you have to save as Version > Illustrator CC (legacy) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Ton says.

I think I'm competent to answer this one:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-11 um 16.31.21.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-02-11 um 16.30.51.png

It's possible to work this way, but you need to be careful to not use functions that aren't available in the older version, because when saving down, the objects will be expanded, such as freeform gradients and repeat objects (if you update your 2020 even further)

When I want to make sure to not mess up my files, I use the same version on both machines, which is CC2017 in my case.

Unfortunately you cannot install CC 2018 anymore if you don't have it already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines