Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace Isn't Working / Boundy Boxes are Buggy

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whoever can help me,

For the past few days, whenever I booted up Illustrator, the workspace won't load up. This includes the Control or the Toolbox, which are usually open on Illustrator regardless of the Workspace preferences. I try to switch it over to my Workspace of choice, and still nothing happens. I try switching to another one, the tab at the top still reads it as my workspace while still not changing anything. This is super frustrating and I'd like this to stop, so if anybody has a solution I'd love to hear it. I already tried holding the Alt+Ctrl+Shift keys when restarting Illustrator to try and reset it, but that didn't work. If you have a solution, please put it in layman's terms, I am in no way an expert on computers and programing. I mean, I wouldn't be posting my problem on here if I was, right? XD

While I have your attention, whenever I rotate an object in Illustrator the boundry box will reset from time to time, leaving my object turned with no way to get it back. I hear Adobe is aware of the problem but simply refuses to try and fix this, which honestly doesn't surprise me. If there is a way to fix it, feel free to share. If there isn't, feel free to register the complaint with Adobe until they finally decide to fix it.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator? It'll help us assist you accordingly.

You may also try resetting the preferences of the app and see if it helps. Please follow the instructions below to do that:

For MAC 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

For Windows 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Right, OS and Illustrator type, gotcha!

...(goes to Google to find out how to figure that out) Uhm, I own a Windows PC with a 64-bit operating system, and as far as I can tell I have the latest version of Illustrator, updated reguarly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, just looked into trying to resetting the preferences manually, and everytime I try to go to that location, I get a pop up box telling me the address is wrong. When I try to follow the chain to find that folder myself, I can't see to find the \user\ folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. Instead of "user" add your user name (account name with which you are signed in to  your machine). 

Else, try this method:

• Press Windows key + R on keyboard
  • It will open Run dialog box.
  • Type %appdata% and click OK.
    run appdata.png
  • It will open C:\Users\user (user account name)\AppData\Roaming.
  • Double click Adobe and Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assiatnce. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines