Highlighted

Workspace Missing/Empty, Tools Missing On Start Up

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a recent update, Illustrator is missing all tools/toolbars/panels except the main menu toolbar (file, edit, etc.), doesn't save my workspaces (it sees that I have saved past ones), lost my previous workspaces and won't activate any of the built in workspaces. Since this update, I have had to manually turn on the toolbars, windows and tools I want to access every time I open Illustrator.

This is super frustrating and a gigantic waste of my time. I haven't been able to find any exact questions that have the same issue as me but I have seen other issues with workspaces.

I am using Illustrator CC, version 23.01 on Windows 10. I believe that this started after the v23 update.

So far I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no help. Anyone else with this issue able to resolve it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Workspace Missing/Empty, Tools Missing On Start Up

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a recent update, Illustrator is missing all tools/toolbars/panels except the main menu toolbar (file, edit, etc.), doesn't save my workspaces (it sees that I have saved past ones), lost my previous workspaces and won't activate any of the built in workspaces. Since this update, I have had to manually turn on the toolbars, windows and tools I want to access every time I open Illustrator.

This is super frustrating and a gigantic waste of my time. I haven't been able to find any exact questions that have the same issue as me but I have seen other issues with workspaces.

I am using Illustrator CC, version 23.01 on Windows 10. I believe that this started after the v23 update.

So far I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no help. Anyone else with this issue able to resolve it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 12, 2018 2
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try resetting preferences for Illustrator https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Please note: Resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folder in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Thanks,

Shefali

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were there any fixes to this? I am just going through this issue today.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like this is a common issue. I just updated to AI 24.0 (11/2019). It seems every time there is a major update I lose my Workspace. Even when I tell it to save all preferences when installing (updater specifically asks if you would like to save your interface settings). Very frustrating. Why ask to save your personal workspace when it gets deleted?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 1
d-elvis LATEST
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix was to reset preferences, per Shefali. This fixes nothing, as your saved Workspace is still removed on app update. I posted on this thread 1.5 years ago and this issue still persists. Multiple times.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0