• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrap text around cylinder

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to wrap around a bottle in Illustrator (I'm an Illustrator beginner). I've found some old tutorials, but nothing for 2021. When I select the bottle (an eps file I downloaded), I see over 7,00 surfaces when I map art. I have no idea how to select the correct surface. Anyy help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A piece of 3rd party art you downloaded in EPS format may not be the best speciment with which to learn. And, no one who doesn't also have it can help analyze your situation.

It would be better if you extrude or revolve your own cylinder and experiment from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymHXypEfeZs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't just experiment. I need to use a 3D bottle image for artwork I've been asked to create. Am I allowed to upload the file for the communityyyyy to see? (having issues with some keyyboard characters 🙂 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to experiment in order to learn.

You have to make a mockup with the label?

You can upload files to Dropbox or the like and share a link.

But since your artwork is probably protected by copyright, it might be best to show a screenshot of the file you need to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines