Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xerox printing issues

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AF13F109-EEF1-4640-B5C0-64AAF1043960.jpeg

I am having issues printing to a brand new xerox C7000 laser printer.

When printing text or graphics they have diagonal lines running through. 

I have solved the issue for black and coloured text by making sure I'm working in RGB but greys still have diagonal lines and most of my graphics.

Is there a specific art board a setup should be for a laser printer and what settings do I need to save it for as a PDF.

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it look better when you print a PDF from Acrobat?

Also I think there has been a similar issue a couple of days ago. Maybe you can search on the forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the issue was me a few days ago but still unable to solve the problem so posting again to see if I can get more help. 

This is from printing from a PDF but there is no difference if from illustrator or PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK 🙂

You have to expect some kind of rasterization because of halftone screening. But these lines are really weird. Does it look differently with other colors? Maybe it's just a certain color choice which makes it so bad.

Did you already contact Xerox? I'm sorry, I didn't follow the other thread. Can you please link it here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it with lots of different colours and images and it happens with them all. 

I did contact xerox and been waiting for them to come back to me. I have seen a couple of posts from others online with the same issue but there never seems to be a resolution posted. 

I am new to illustrator so unsure if it's me setting something up wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you get better results when printing pixel artwork e.g. from Photoshop?

There's not a lot you can do in Illustrator. You have to wait for Xerox to respond - new driver is not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines