Highlighted

XML: The incoming variable library is invalid

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have created a collection of variable text objects in Illustrator. They work correctly in my document. I would like to now export my variable library and import it into another AI document. I export with no problems, but when I import the file (no changes made, exactly as Illustrator created it) into another document (with the same tagging) it tells me that the incoming variable library is invalid. Why would this be happening? 

Edit: I believe it is something to do with soft return characters in my Illustrator doc and that on export it encodes as a missing character. If I switch this to a carriage return then it will import fine, but making this change of course will negate some of the paragraph formatting features. This seems like quite an oversight?

Thank you

Tom.

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

XML: The incoming variable library is invalid

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have created a collection of variable text objects in Illustrator. They work correctly in my document. I would like to now export my variable library and import it into another AI document. I export with no problems, but when I import the file (no changes made, exactly as Illustrator created it) into another document (with the same tagging) it tells me that the incoming variable library is invalid. Why would this be happening? 

Edit: I believe it is something to do with soft return characters in my Illustrator doc and that on export it encodes as a missing character. If I switch this to a carriage return then it will import fine, but making this change of course will negate some of the paragraph formatting features. This seems like quite an oversight?

Thank you

Tom.

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2020 0

Have something to add?