Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom display issues

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lately I've been running into a zoom issue in Illustrator and occasionally InDesign. If I zoom in to work on an object more closely, my artboard will actually adjust the scale of the page and zoom me out to a ridiculously small percent (usually <5%). I can't zoom out any futher, I can only zoom in further which is disrupting my workflow.

This is the artboard at the most zoomed-out display...I can't even see the edges of the artboard.This is the artboard at the most zoomed-out display...I can't even see the edges of the artboard.

I don't have an extra monitor, so have been using an old Philips TV as my second display. In InDesign, the issue only happens if I'm working on the TV screen, but in Illustrator it will happen on my laptop screen even if I quit Illustrator and re-open. I know the TV display is low-res so that might be part of the issue, but maybe there is a way to match the Illustrator doc the the resolution of the screen? Any help/suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

I BELIEVE I FOUND THE SOLUTION in case anyone else has this issue:

• Go to Preferences > General
  • Uncheck the "Display Print Size at 100% Zoom" box

This is the Help thread I found that led me to this solution: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-2019-document-artboard-scale-issues-bug/td-p/10180682?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I BELIEVE I FOUND THE SOLUTION in case anyone else has this issue:

• Go to Preferences > General
  • Uncheck the "Display Print Size at 100% Zoom" box

This is the Help thread I found that led me to this solution: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-2019-document-artboard-scale-issues-bug/td-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Glad to hear that you were able to find the solution of this issue. We thank you for sharing it as well here. This will help other users as well.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other concern, we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines