Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom tool problem

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Lately I've been having a problem with the zoom tool. Sometimes illustrator decides I can no longer zoom in and out by holding the zoom zool and dragging left and right, I can only zoom in to a selection box.

This is becoming very annoying, is there anyone who can help me? Usually happens after I place a photo on my artboard.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It usually happens when you are using the CPU preview (instead of GPU) which disables the animated zoom.

It may also happen when you are using the Overprint preview or the Pixel preview which both temporarily disable the GPU preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping me, the problem is that my GPU is greyed out so I'm unable to turn it on.
Everything is fine under preferences and this wasn't a problem in the past.

I've restarted my macbook and re-installed illustrator but it stays grey. Any idea on how I can fgix this?

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please check if the GPU meets the minimum requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/no/illustrator/user-guide.html/no/illustrator/system-requirements.ug.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have a 2018 macbook pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines