• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes not syncing in Incopy

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have collaborated perfectly with our client on a document, but suddenly have problems seeing the clients changes. We made an InDesign file with assignments in a shared folder on Creative Cloud Files. They've done changes in InCopy and I approve the changes in InDesign.

At the final stretch, the client has some issues with accessing the document. I try inviting them again and after some troubleshooting they see it again. They continue with changes in InCopy, but now I don't see them on my end.

They tell me the folder don't seem to be shared with me anymore. But on my end it seems to be shared with them. What has happened, and how do we get back on track?

There's also appead a Story List.xml file that wasn't there before, but unsure if that is part of the issue.

-Karl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Cloud" sharing is an evil, InDesign don't like them. I do recommend to work with authors through local network, if your author works remotely then do LAN through some VPN service (not a VPN for hiding country IP, I'm about real VPN). 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. Doesn't really help with our issue, but a good tip. I thought Adobe's own Cloud system would be the safest solution, but ended up with a bit of a puzzle still... Resolved it in a very timeconsuming way by getting the client to send us all the "assignments" from their side and re-link them manually at my end. (This was the very last corrections).

Still open for suggestions on how this became a problem. And how to solve it if it happens again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, I've had great success with this using Dropbox and OneDrive. I've never been much of a fan of CC Storage for much of anything. I always felt Adobe was playing catch up with DB and OD.

There is NOTHING evil, as George put it, about this workflow and in fact, I would warn against using your workaround. Shared INDD projects on OneDrive and Dropbox have, IME, only one drawback and that the failure of INDD lock files to sync. But for InCopy that is not a problem.

What I would warn against is the use of any smart sync feature where only a marker to the file is local and the files are downloaded on demand. That can easily cause a time out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines