• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy 17.3 - User checks out content, makes change, cannot check-out and changes will not save

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a Macintosh user who is not able to check-in assignments within any file. They open the .icma file (or .INDD file) and are able to 'check out' a section of text, which creates an associated lock file in the local server share where the inDesign/InCopy files are stored. When the user makes a change and attempts to check them in nothing happens when 'check in files' is chosen. No error, no freezing, no indication that anything changed. If you close the program or otherwise check the file it doesn't have any of the changes made by the user. The only thing that 'works' is to cancel check-outs and this changes all the icons back the the 'globe' and removes the edit pencil icon.

The inCopy is running version 17.3 which matches other software used in the environment and was reinstalled as part of this to no effect. Rolling-back to a previous version did not make a difference in function either. The data is locally stored on a NAS and this user has historically not had problems, their permissions are definitely correct for the level of access they need.

I am looking for any potential solutions, but I am also interested to hear if there are any log files that can be generated or grabbed from the Macintosh for inCopy, specifically in regards to the check-in-and-out behavior. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sounds like a permissions issue on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines