• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy fails to export a PDF

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export a PDF from InCopy, I get the attached error message.

PDF export fail.png

This happens with any file. I can export as text files, but when I try to export as an EPS file, I also get an error, this one saying:

print engine faile.png

I've tried searching online but everything I find for this error is regarding InDesign, not InCopy.

I don't know if it's related, but also lately when I open a file after restarting my computer, anything in Adobe Garamond Pro is highlighted in pink. If I go to Creative Cloud, the font is still showing as active, but it won't appear properly in InCopy files unless I deactivate the font in Creative Cloud & reactivate it.
If I try to export a PDF before I fix the Garamond issue, I do not get that error. However, once I fix the Garamond issue, the PDF error happens.

I usually end up having to go in a repeat cycle of deactivating, reactivating the font, opening and closing files, restarting my computer, until finally it will export a PDF without error, but it will only do it once, and then the next file I try to export a PDF from will give me that error. 

I can't change the font because it's one of the standard fonts for our publication. 
As far as I know, no one else in our department is having this issues. IT has poked around but nothing has helped.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is InCopy fully updated? Have you tried trashing your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double-checked and it says it's up to date.
I haven't tried trashing my preferences. Which specific preferences & how? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for InDesign but it's the same for InCopy. Rebuilding InDesign Preferences | CreativePro Network

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Turns out I didn't have any preferences set. Anyway, I asked our IT to do what's listed on the page you linked (it required admin rights, which I don't have) and after that it worked fine the first time I tried to export a PDF. But then later when I tried to export a different PDF, I got the error again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have the IT people give you admin rights and then try again. If it works, they're going to have to find out which permissions to allow you to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure you don't have that font installed locally anywhere. If it's the Adobe Fonts version that is needed make sure that is the only one active/installed. Conflicting versions can cause all kinds of issues with InCopy/InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines