• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incopy IN USE by unknown user issue for indesign 2021 and 2022

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having trouble with my indesign file that was edited on Incopy by someone else while working remotely. She sent the updated the file but all the assignments appear to be IN USE by unknown user. She made sure she checked in all assignments and even resend the file to me but the issue persists and it’s not letting me to edit or update the links. I restarted the computer, deleted all old assignments on the server and my desktop, tried Indesign 2022 and 2021. But no luck!

I found something odd, not sure if this is causing the issue:

I found the assignment names are inconsistent in the assignment folder.

*grey is my indesign panel, and purple icon is the files from the sender.

The first assignments match, then, “1” suddenly dropped in the assignemnt-1.

Then, “2” also disappears from assignments -99 and "8" as well for the rest. 

I even renamed the assignments one by one to match my indesign panel, but it didn't solve the issue.

Does anyone know how I can enable edit and update the assignemnts on my Indesign? 

TOPICS
Assignments , Bug , InDesign workflow , Performance , Sync and storage , Version and compatibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you're using the packaged assignments workflow. STOP. It's an awful workflow that I never found to be reliable. Save all content in a Dropbox folder and share with the InCopy users. Export the InCopy content there. The InCopy user can then open the INDD file in InCopy and check out / check in the content.

This is way simpler and far less prone to issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines