Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy issue - Changes not showing

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
Hopefully someone can help me with my problem.
We are trying to implement an InCopy process between the design and communication team in our company. 

While testing I have noticed that everytime I open an updated file from comms team, the updates are not showing on my end. The old file with no new text change is what is opening. We've tried sending the file via our work intake tool, email and Teams and everytime the old file is still what is being shown on the screen.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without details on your workflow it's really impossible to guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We create the file via InDesign. From there we also create the Assignment.
We take the ICMA file and send that to the comms team which will do all of their review.
They send it back to us via our work intake tool.

No worries I found a work around it. Thanks anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You came here for assistance and people have devoted time to helping you. It would be appropriate for you to share your solution here in hopes that it can help someone in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello as far as I can see no one really devoted their time yet to helping at this point as there were no response.

But here is what I found. 

When clients/communication send me their ammended ICMA file the content showing is defaulting to the last version of linked InDesign saved. I looked all over the internet and it seems like it is a bug. The rest of the design team I work with doesn't have this issue... it is unique to me.

Intead I tried opening the ICML file within the content folder of the assignment. The client's changes are there and intact. So I just replaced my assignment content folder with theirs and it solves the issue.

Like I said, I found the work around... Thanks anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody tried? You didn't give us any details and now that you have here's my suggestion.

Put the entire project in a Dropbox folder and share it. Let the InCopy users open and work on the INDD file directly from InCopy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is your suggestion for people who are not allowed to use drop box.

Still doesn't solve the issue that the rest of my team is ok and yet my InCopy is defaulting to the previous saved file.

I don't think this is a file sending / sharing issue this seems like a one off bug. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're sending packaged files? That is an awful workflow and if they can't use Dropbox, use OneDrive.

If it were truly a bug, you'd be seeing a lot more reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution would be to use the "Package for InCopy" command in InDesign and the "Return for InDesign" commands if your users can't use DropBox. This is the built-in remote workflow feature in InDesign and InCopy and it works very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will try this and hopefully this solves the issue 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines